GOAT Run Runner Instructions
Thank you for registering for the Great Olympic Adventure Trail (GOAT) Run! We are excited to bring this event to you, and we appreciate your support. Please take note of the following pre-run information that you should take a look at before the big day:
Packets can be picked up at two different times:
Friday, September 6, 2019
- At Barhop Brewing in Port Angeles from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Join us for Happy Hour and pick up your packet at the same time.
Saturday, September 7, 2019
- 50K: The start line is at Granny’s Cafe starting at 6:30 a.m. Look for parking signs. 50K starts at 7:30 a.m. Parking and packet pick up will be either at Crescent Grange, with a shuttle to Granny’s, or at Granny’s—STAY TUNED, THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED WHEN LOCATION IS DETERMINED.
- Full Marathon: Parking and packet pickup are at Crescent Grange starting at 6:30 a.m. Full marathon starts at 8:30 a.m. The shuttle leaves at 8:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon Waves 1 & 2: Parking, packet pickup, and the shuttle are at Crescent Grange starting at 8:30 a.m. Wave 1 (10:00 a.m.) shuttle leaves at 9:30 a.m., and Wave 2 (11:00 a.m.) shuttle leaves at 10:30 a.m.
|GOAT Run||Race Start||Shuttle||Park|
|Marathon||8:30 a.m.||8:00 a.m.||Crescent Grange|
|Half-Marathon Wave 1||10:00 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||Crescent Grange|
|Half-Marathon Wave 2||11:00 a.m.||10:30 a.m.||Crescent Grange|
* Remember we cannot check in 250 runners if they all show up 15 minutes before the shuttle departure, so please help us out by coming early.
** You can pick up someone else’s packet only if you bring a signed liability waiver with you.
WE ENCOURAGE you to please do the Friday night packet pickup if at all possible. It will help things to work better on Saturday morning, PLUS it will be super fun to come to Barhop Brewing on Friday to get your packet and maybe hang out at the brewpub for a bit!
START LINES & SHUTTLES
Shuttles for the marathon and half marathon leave from Crescent Grange, in Joyce, Washington, approximately 20 minutes west of Port Angeles. It is required that you take a shuttle bus to the starting line, no exceptions. The run course is one-way, ending at Log Cabin Resort on Lake Crescent, and then a shuttle will take you from the finish line at Log Cabin back to Joyce to your car when you are ready. Shuttles leave when full or every 20 minutes.
Parking and packet pick up for the 50K will be either at Crescent Grange, with a shuttle to Granny’s, or at Granny’s—STAY TUNED, THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UPDATED WHEN LOCATION IS DETERMINED. The run course is one-way, ending at Log Cabin Resort on Lake Crescent. A shuttle will take you back to your car when
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are dogs allowed in the race? Dogs are not allowed in the GOAT Run.
- Are walkers allowed in the race? Unfortunately, the answer is no – we are sorry we cannot accommodate at this time.
- Is there a time limit? Yes, there is a time limit of 8 hours for the 50K, 7 hours for the full marathon, and 4 hours for the half-marathon. If it looks like you will not finish in time, you will be picked up at the nearest road crossing when you arrive there.
- You can pick up someone else’s packet only if you bring a signed liability waiver with you.
There will be snacks and drinks at aid stations at approximately miles 3, 7, 12.5, 16, 20, and 23 of the full marathon, and miles 3, 7, and 11 of the half marathon. For the 50K, aid stations are available at approximately miles 4, 8, 12, 17.5, 21, 25, and 28. Runners should be prepared to be fairly self-sufficient and have a way to carry extra water and snacks between aid stations.
At the finish line, there will be snacks and drinks, and runners will also get a complimentary pint glass (and contents!). If you don’t like beer, you can get your pint glass filled with soft serve ice cream, or any other beverage available at the resort, including coffee drinks. We encourage you to stick around and have some food—you will be amazed at the view of Lake Crescent, and the beautiful surroundings. We know you will want to stick around and relax for a while if you can.
TRAIL IS OPEN
First male and female runner in each distance will receive an award. There are no age category awards.
50% refund on entry until August 1, 2019.
NO REFUNDS AFTER AUGUST 1, 2019–for shuttle planning purposes, please let us know if you will not be attending!
Transfers are allowed until 3 days before the race. In order to transfer, you will need to provide the following information to the Race Director by emailing email@example.com:
- New racer name
- Phone number
- Emergency contact name & phone number
Last Updated: January 14, 2019