GOAT Run Runner Instructions
Packets can be picked up at two different times:
- Friday, September 7, 2018, from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. at Harbinger Winery in Port Angeles. Join us for Happy Hour and pick up your packet at the same time.
- Saturday, September 8, 2018, starting at 6:00 a.m., at the Crescent Grange in Joyce, Washington. On Saturday, you will need to arrive far enough ahead of your run to pick your packet up and be on the shuttle bus:
|GOAT Run||Race Start||Shuttle Departure|
|50K||7:30 a.m.||7:00 a.m.|
|Marathon||8:30 a.m.||8:00 a.m.|
|Half-Marathon Wave 1||10:00 a.m.||9:30 a.m.|
|Half-Marathon Wave 2||11:00 a.m.||10:30 a.m.|
- Remember we cannot check in 250 runners if they all show up 15 minutes before the shuttle departure, so please help us out by coming early.
WE ENCOURAGE you to please do the Friday night packet pickup if at all possible. It will help things to work better on Saturday morning, PLUS it will be super fun to come to Harbinger Winery on Friday to get your packet and maybe hang out at the winery for a bit!
For safety reasons, headphones are not allowed during the event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are dogs allowed in the race? Dogs are not allowed in the GOAT Run.
- Are walkers allowed in the race? Unfortunately, the answer is no – we are sorry we cannot accommodate at this time.
- Is there a time limit? Yes, there is a time limit of 8 hours for the 50K, 7 hours for the full marathon, and 4 hours for the half-marathon. If it looks like you will not finish in time, you will be picked up at the nearest road crossing when you arrive there.
There will be snacks and drinks at aid stations at miles 3.2, 7.5, 12.5, 16, 20, and 23 of the full marathon, and miles 3, 7, and 11 of the half marathon. For the 50K, two additional aid stations are available at miles 25 and 30. Runners should be prepared to be fairly self-sufficient and have a way to carry extra water and snacks between aid stations.
At the finish line, there will be snacks and drinks, and runners will also get a complimentary pint glass (and contents!). If you don’t like beer, you can get your pint glass filled with soft serve ice cream, or any other beverage available at the resort, including coffee drinks. We encourage you to stick around and have some food—you will be amazed at the view of Lake Crescent, and the beautiful surroundings. We know you will want to stick around and relax for a while if you can.
TRAIL IS OPEN
Last Updated: March 17, 2018